About the class
The intent of the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification is to develop team members (Practitioners) who have the basic skills to contribute to process improvement projects. These individuals operate under the watchful eye of the project team leader who is normally a more advanced Black Belt or senior process improvement practitioner.
Our seasoned corporate trainers are process improvement experts who use a myriad of learning techniques and tools, such as guided discussions, case studies, individual exercises, quizzes, online resources, and outside readings to truly connect with the student.
In addition, each individual will be required to successfully pass the MHi Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification exam (which is integrated into the course). Also, we require the completion of a project for the Green Belt level certification. A Mountain Home faculty member will be assigned to each student as an Academic Advisor/Coach to guide and monitor the progress of the project.
Who Should Attend:
Individuals who are looking for an in-depth, understanding of the application of Lean Six Sigma concepts, techniques and tools to their organization.
How You Will Benefit:
The attendee will learn how Business process management (BPM) brings a much needed perspective to the process improvement effort by defining enterprise processes that cross the many functional and departmental boundaries and produce the products and services of the organization. This ability to define an enterprise context allows the Lean Six Sigma team to focus on problems that affect the entire system, not just one small part of it. By bringing together the synergistic power of Business Process Management (BPM) and Lean with the statistical discipline and rigor of Six Sigma, an organization will be able to bring its entire problem solving knowledge to bear in a multi-dimensioned way, ensuring a greater probability of success!
- Proven, hands-on, blended approach to learning (with many group discussions, exercises, and case studies) that includes classroom participation and the use of Mountain Home’s online resources.
- Apply a proven, structured approach to Lean Six Sigma through an emersion into the Enterprise Performance Improvement Project Leadership Model.
- Latest on government Transformation efforts including, process/performance improvement trends, concepts, and implementation strategies.
- Presenters with actual experience in the area of Lean manufacturing, Six Sigma process analysis, and business process management.
What You Will Cover:
- An in-depth understanding of Enterprise Process Management and Improvement.
- A comprehensive immersion into the integrated Lean Six Sigma and Business Process Management (BPM) methodology (DMAIC) for process improvement.
- The various roles Lean Six Sigma Green Belts and other team members play in the success of a process improvement effort using Lean Six Sigma.
- How to properly define and scope Lean Six Sigma projects from an enterprise-wide context.
- How to model and map organization processes for practical analysis, including product and process flows, and value streams.
- Define appropriate data collection methods.
- How to apply statistical analysis tools to problem solving.
- An introduction to Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- How to transition from the As-Is state to the To-Be state and an overview of business case analysis.
- Overview of an organization (culture & structure) change management plan and technology change management plan.
- An overview of statistical process control.